7 Do's and Don'ts for a DIY Bocce Court
We were recently featured on https://www.gosanangelo.com and we wanted to highlight a few pointers for each and every one of you DIY Bocce Court builders out there.
- Do double- and triple-check all measurements.
- Do consider adding drainage if rain could create a perpetual bocce puddle.
- Do make sure you are building on a flat surface, and check levels periodically as you add materials.
- Do make sure the paver base and decomposed granite layers are deep enough to form a thick, solid base (3-4 inches).
- Don't attempt a regulation bocce ball court, which is fairly enormous at 91-by-13 feet. Aim for a smaller court modified for a home setting. Courts can be any size.
- Don't skip lining the court with weed cloth. It's essential to ensure your court doesn't become a weed garden.
- Don't forget to seal wood with deck sealant for longevity.